Job title: Coffee House Assistant Manager
Location: Orchard Coffee House
Hours: Permanent Part Time (24 hours/3 days per week, plus availability to cover sickness and holidays) Flexible Monday – Saturdays
Reporting to: Coffee House Manager
Contract length: Permanent with a probationary period of three months.
Hourly Rate: £10.36
Overall Purpose of the role:
Orchard Coffee House opened its doors in October 2020 amid a worldwide pandemic but despite this we have quickly established a good customer base and have formed good relationships within the local community. We are part of Gorsley Baptist Church and our vision is to be a Community Hub, so we aim to create a space that brings life, that brings hope and that brings people of all ages and backgrounds together.
We are serving locally sourced hot and cold drinks, delicious homemade cakes and a selection of light lunches, both for seating in and takeaway.
As an Assistant Manager at Orchard Coffee House you will deputise for the Manager, ensuring the smooth day to day running of the Coffee House and supervising the team on shift (both employed staff and volunteers) to make sure everyone that comes through our doors receives exceptional customer service.
Duties will include:
- Engage the team in the plan for the day, organise and allocate tasks to individuals to ensure the smoothest service is provided and high standards are maintained.
- Inspire and support Team Members within Orchard Coffee House whilst promoting and developing effective communication within and between teams.
- Offer a warm and friendly welcome to all our customers, accurately making food and drink orders and processing payments correctly and efficiently.
- Interact and share advice with customers about our food, keeping up to date with how our food is made and dietary and allergen advice.
- Ensure that Orchard Coffee House products are available, replenished and immaculately displayed in line with our visual merchandising and food safety standards, throughout the day.
- Support your colleagues by getting stuck in and work alongside the team to ensure maximum productivity and a prompt service.
- Ensure completion of daily and weekly cleaning tasks and help where needed.
- Cash handling including cashing up and producing end of day till paperwork.
- Monitor, organise and order stock to ensure stock levels are kept.
- Ensure that deliveries are met and are promptly stored away as appropriate.
- Control and minimise waste.
- Complete daily paperwork including staff rotas and timesheets, as delegated by the manager, ensuring it is accurate and compliant and that any concerns are escalated to the Manager.
- Support the learning journey of new staff and volunteers, providing on the job training to equip the team with the tools to deliver brilliant customer service.
- Understand and implement best practice in Food Safety for Catering, including Health & Safety, COSHH, SFBB (HACCP) and model good practice.
- Experience working in the hospitality industry and a passion for handmade coffee and delicious food.
- Food Hygiene Level 2.
- Excellent customer service and hosting skills.
- Ability to supervise a team of staff.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- A flexible approach and the ability to work additional hours when required to cover sickness and holidays.
- An eye for detail and a focus for delivering great service and experiences for our customers.
- Barista training
- Food Hygiene Level 3
Whilst the applicant does not need to be a committed Christian, a sympathetic attitude towards the ethos of the business is necessary.
All posts are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS declaration which is a commitment by Gorsley Baptist Church to safeguarding. The post holder is required to share this commitment.
This Job Description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed regularly and it may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the holder of the post.
This Job Description does not form part of the contract of employment. A comprehensive contract of employment will be issued to the successful applicant, including such details as: – notice periods, procedures for sickness absence, grievance and disciplinary.