Job title: Church Administrator
Hours: Part Time (18 hours Monday to Wednesday)
As the Church Administrator, a sympathetic attitude towards the aims and ethos of the church is essential. You will be expected to:
- Be the friendly and professional face-to-face on-site contact for church members, friends, suppliers, contractors etc.
- Be the contact point for families wishing to arrange funerals, weddings and other life events (including child dedications, celebrations etc) – liaising with Pastor, staff, volunteers and others (including bookings – see below).
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc). File, distribute and respond as appropriate. Liaise with and update the other part-time church administrator.
- Process and distribute for authorisation any delivery notes received, and oversee their return to the finance administrator.
- Support the maintenance of the church calendar information and manage bookings for the use of church facilities. Co-ordinate with church groups to facilitate use of shared resources, and help resolve conflicting requirements.
- Welcome visiting groups and individuals to site as appropriate.
- Raise invoices using the church’s accounting software for the use of church facilities etc as instructed.
- As necessary, create and update records and databases with supplied data in accordance with GDPR (Office 365 and ChurchSuite).
- Distribute ad hoc ChurchSuite e-mails re volunteer requests and other church wide e-mails such as prayer alerts.
- Assist with preparation of the weekly Prayer Link.
- Assist with statutory and other record-keeping such as graveyard records.
- Help monitor the church website for current ‘relevance’ by noting out-of-date or missing information. Enter amendments to the church website and maintain as instructed.
- Monitor stocks of church heating oil, re-ordering as necessary.
- Manage stocks of stationery etc placing orders where necessary.
- Manage Welcome area stocks of vending supplies etc and ensuring a weekly clean-down of the vending machine.
- Assist the Church Secretary, Church Treasurer and other trustees, staff, and members as necessary.
- Undertake any tasks reasonably requested of you by one of the Pastors or any of the Church Trustees.
All posts are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS declaration which is a commitment by Gorsley Baptist Church to safeguarding. The post holder is required to share this commitment.
This Job Description is not intended as a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed regularly and it may be subject to modification or amendment at any time after consultation with the holder of the post.
This Job Description does not form part of the contract of employment. A comprehensive contract of employment will be issued to the successful applicant, including such details as: – notice periods, procedures for sickness absence, grievance and disciplinary procedures.